50 Plus Recreational “Day Tripping” Program Fall Series 2019
The City of Las Cruces Parks & Recreation Department will be offering a series of day trips for newcomers and residents of Las Cruces to sites, parks, museums, and events in the surrounding area. The series begins September 16, with a trip to historic 12th Street in Carrizozo, NM Arts District, and then on to explore White Oaks Ghost Town.
The 50-Plus “Day Tripping” is designed to be a social, fun, and educational outlet for those currently residing in Las Cruces, or people considering the area as a future home. There are so many incredible and interesting attractions just a short jaunt from our wonderful city! Join us as we explore new and interesting places.
Day Trips are listed as:
• Date: 9/16/19 Location: Carrizozo, NM Depart: 8 a.m. Return: 5:30 p.m. Site: Visit Galleries Cost: $20.00
• Date: 10/13/19 Location: White Sands National Monument Full Moon Night Depart: 5 p.m. Return: 9 p.m. Site: Picnic and Entertainment Cost: $10.00
• Date: 11/14/2019 Location: Deming, NM Depart: 8:30 a.m. Return: 2 p.m. Site: Museum and Adobe Deli Cost: $10.00
• Date: 12/13/19 Location: Alamogordo, NM Depart: 8:30 a.m. Return: 3 p.m. Site: Museum and Lunch on Own Cost: $10.00
Registration opens August 26. Payments may be made at any of the four registration sites during regular business hours, or at www.las-cruces.org/play and clicking on the “Online Registration” link.
Registration site locations:
• Meerscheidt Recreation Center, 1600 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
• Parks and Recreation Administrative Office, 1501 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Frank O’Brien Papen Community Center, 304 W. Bell Ave.: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Regional Aquatic Center, 1401 E. Hadley Ave.: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Available spots will be open to the public on a first-come, first-serve basis. No telephone registrations/payments accepted.
For information, call the Recreation Section at 575/541-2454.