COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICE
FOCUS & PURPOSE
The Community Engagement Office is focused on communication and outreach activities, enhancing collaborative relationships with neighborhoods, and providing support to the City’s engagement processes.
The primary purpose of community engagement is to empower residents to influence City government decisions that shape their city and their quality of living in the community. Community building, outreach and education activities, and improved communication are important to the City to help constituents understand and be understood.
UPCOMING PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT EVENTS
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic some public meetings will continue to be held virtually, which are listed below with the appropriate connection information. If you have any questions, please contact the Community Engagement Office at 575-541-2192.
In-person meetings, which are listed on the City’s website calendar, will follow the current directives issued by the New Mexico Governor’s Office and New Mexico Department of Health. Please click on this link Calendar to access more information about these meetings.
Follow these steps to participate in the Zoom Webinar Meeting of Your Choice
- Step 1: Click on the link for the meeting you are planning to attend. This will allow you to register for the Zoom Webinar for that meeting.
- Step 2: If you don’t already have a Zoom account, you will be prompted to create a free account.
- Step 3: Fill out your registration form and submit.
- Step 4: Save the invitation meeting notice as this has the link to attend the meeting. You will need to click on this link to attend the meeting.
- Step 4.a: You can also save the webinar invitation to your digital calendar.
- Step 5: On the date and time of the meeting, click on the link to join the meeting. Note: If you click on this link after the end-time of the meeting, you will be unable to join the meeting.
If you have trouble accessing the meeting, please email email@example.com. Someone will be monitoring this email prior to and after the start time of the meeting, you can also watch our Zoom Tutorial below.